Mercurial on Sourceforge is only accessible over SSH. To provide seamless pulls&pushs against SF, you are encouraged to use private/public keys within SSH. Unfortunately, SF does allow private/public key authentication over the GUI. This tutorial shows you how to propagate public keys on SF.
1. Be sure you have a valid private/public ssh key generated for the user performing the commits. A detailed description can be found under http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ssh-keygen
2. Try to access your hg-repo:
3. Go to https://sourceforge.net/account/ -> Services and register the public-key as one ssh-key
4. Try to access your hg-repo a second time:
5. You are finished and now allowed to push with mercurial without any password-prompts.
This tutorial is based upon https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/cs-studio/wiki/SourceRepository